Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

     So I have participated in the thankful challenge to post something everyday in November up til Thanksgiving that I am thankful for. It has been quite simple . I haven't had a hard time coming up with things. My problem is that I have so many things to be thankful for that I had a hard time choosing what to put everyday. I give thanks EVERYDAY of every week of every year for what I have , material or otherwise . God has always supplied my needs and sometimes he even sees fit to give me what I want so I am more than blessed. 
     This last half of the year has been challenging and emotionally draining for me and yet even in those moments when I was struggling I could always find something to give thanks for even if it was just simply my next breath. I have learned some hard lessons this year and as hard as it was , I am even thankful for those. I have learned that I have been taking some things for granted and that I need to be more dilligent in letting the people I love know more often how much I love them and appreciate them. I need to spend more time with the ones closest to me and make them more of a priority instead of just a thought. I have learned that God has blessed me with an amazing ability to abunduntly forgive and forget. That perhaps has been the hardest of them all because it required me to be hurt in a major way to figure that one out . I have learned that I love deeply and therefore at times hurt deeply but I have learned how to embrace that.
     I have learned who my real friends , who I can count on , and who I can't. That is a most valuable lesson. I have learned how very important  and fragile trust really is. I have learned that love really does cover a multitude of sins . I have learned that my faith is bigger then anything Satan can throw at me. I have learned how important it truly is to lean on God and stay in his word instead of the world.
     I am thankful for the hard leassons as well as the people God has surrounded me with that have supported me, loved me, and prayed for me when I needed those things the most. Yes , I have much to be thankful for, maybe more than any one person should be allowed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment