Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Its all about perspective

     Moments ago I was thinking about how many hours I was gonna be on my feet tomorrow cooking and baking and quite honestly dreading it. I took in a deep breath and blew it out apparently a little too loudly because my husband asked me what was wrong. My response was just thinking about all I have to do tomorrow. After that it only took me a minute or so before I checked myself and changed my heart. This happens to me on almost a daily basis, this inner struggle within my heart to see things differently.
     Take laundry for example. I HATE laundry. I average 7 to 8 loads of laundry every week. It is never ending and such a tedious task. I catch myself fussing at my children if I see them change into clean clothes when they get home from school because I know when they get ready for bed those clothes will end up in the dirty clothes basket along with the clothes they wore earlier in the day therefore creating double the amount of clothes for me to wash. More often than not as I am folding or putting that very same laundry away in closets and drawers I find myself thinking about how blessed I am to have a husband and children to dirty clothes. If I lived alone I could probably get the loads down to 2 or 3 a week but oh how much I would miss out on. The love and joy those three bring into my life by far make up for the work of washing, drying, folding, and putting away. See how that works? Its all about perspective.
     Back to tomorrow. Thansgiving is a day we set aside to take stock of what we have to be thankful for. Hopefully all of us are thankful every day for what God blesses us with. I guess it doesn't hurt though for a whole entire day to be dedicated to doing just that. So yes, I am going to be in my kitchen for hours tomorrow cooking and baking. I have two meals to prepare for. One at lunch time and the other in the evening so after spending hours in the kitchen there is the task of loading it up and driving to and back from our mutiple destinations.How blessed I am to have enough family to have 2 meals on Thanksgiving day instead of just one. How blessed I am to have a well stocked kitchen and appliances that work. How blessed I am to have a running vehicle to get us to where we need to be. How blessed I am to have my husband here with me instead of half the globe away . How blessed I am to be physically able to do everything on my to do list for tomorrow. How blessed we all are when we take the time to really think about it.
     May your turkey be moist, your pie be sweet, your hearts be full, and may you be surrounded by people you love.
    

1 comment:

  1. It's the days when you cook so much that I hate we aren't related. <3

    ReplyDelete