Friday, December 30, 2011

Out with the old

     Another year has passed and I have survived. I am not sad to see 2011 go. This past year hasn't been very nice to me. I spent the first 6 months of the year physically miserable and even though a procedure in July has fixed most of that issue , it didn't come easy. It required quite a bit of discomfort, well ok, pain and a much longer recovery than expected. The silver lining to this little tidbit is that I know longer have a monthly mother nature visit and I feel great which has allowed me to start an exercise regiment and I have lost about 15 pounds so I look better too.
     Just as I was on the mend from my physical issues, Satan decided to shake things up a bit by throwing some marital challenges my way that I have not had to deal with before. I am happy to report that Satan has officially lost that battle and my marriage is still rock solid. I have never loved my husband more . In fact we are so happy that we have decided to do it all over , the marrying part at least. I proposed to my husband on Christmas Eve and he said yes. We will be renewing our vows in May.
     September brought fresh anxiety with Mom's massive heart attack and the complications after. Physically she feels better but I am still concerned about her emotional health.Her heart attack came less than a year after losing her husband. On top of recovery she is still having to deal with estate mess because he didn't have a will. She has had more of her fair share of crap slung her way in the last year.
     I would not want to re-live my year but I have learned some valuable life lessons and more importantly how to dig through the muck to find my blessings. God has certainly taken care of me physically, I have never felt better. I have learned how to forgive HIS way and its so much better than MY way. HE allowed me not only to keep my marriage but has blessed me with a better one than I had before. My mom is still here and doing as well as can be expected. I have grown closer to my heavenly FATHER because I have had to lean on him so many times this year. Without HIM and the people HE has chosen to put into my life I would not have dealt as well with some things I have had to deal with. So out with the old and I most certainly welcome the new. Praise God for another year of blessings to come.

2 comments:

  1. Do you need a matron of honor??? I'm so excited for you! Is that where the beautiful picture of the two of you came from? I am so ready for this new year. Here's to it being phenomenally better for BOTH of us! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even sure it will be big enough for a wedding party. I haven't gotten that far yet in my head. That pic was taken hours before the proposal, it was more of a private thing. Much love and I have to believe that this year WILL be better for both of us.

    ReplyDelete