Friday, February 3, 2012

I don't make this crap up

     It's been a day and I haven't even made it to work yet. After dropping the kids off at school this morning I drove a friend of mine to Yadkinville for a Dr's appointment . I was back in Mount Airy by 10:30 and thought whoo hoo , I have plenty of time. Back up a little...Ben's homeroom teacher makes soap and I wanted a bar so I went to her the other day with money in hand but she refused to let me pay for it. After I insisted she said if I would provide popcorn for a movie afternoon we would call it even. Thirty five lunch size brown bags with a hot air popper...easy, right?
     My hot air popper can crank out quite a bit of popcorn at a time so I wasn't worried about being in a hurry to have it there by 12:30. After 3 batches, which provided 10 bags , my popper popped it's last. Having plenty of loose corn left I cranked up the stove top and did it the old fashioned way. Six more bags in and I was spending more time picking out burned pieces than I was popping and bagging. My only option was to go the grocery store and buy the microwave stuff. Keep in mind I am supposed to be delivering popcorn at 12:30. I was pulling in my driveway with a 10 pack box of popsecret at 11:55.
    It takes 2 minutes per bag. I was pulling in the driveway of the school at 12:25. Needless to say I popped and bagged like a mad woman to get it there on time. My reward for the craziness? A fresh creamy bar of Lemongrass Day Dream soap made by Mrs Simmons herself. Worth it? Absolutely !

No comments:

Post a Comment