Saturday, December 28, 2013

365 of them

     For Christmas 2012 my husband wrote me a love letter and it was , my most favorite, bestest gift ever. It also inspired me to do something very special for him. I started a list of things that I love about him and things that he does that I love. I wrote them out on regular notebook paper and cut it into strips.The first 150 or so flowed out onto paper like lava and then it became a little challenging. The plan was that every day in 2013 he would receive one of these strips. I recycled a container to keep them in so that at the end of the year they are all in one place. On Valentine's day he gave me a fat envelope that contained 45 love strips to catch up and joined me in the daily ritual of the giving of "love strips" before retiring for the day. The year is almost over and I have to say that I am going to miss this little ritual.
     Starting a list like this is easy. Some of the first ones are obvious things like #2 I love that you make me feel safe or #4 I love that you still hold my hand. Some were funny like #75 I love that you let me put my cold feet on your legs to warm them or #89 I love that you don't complain about how many times you have to stop for me to pee on long trips. Some were serious like #109 I love that you never leave without first giving me a kiss and an "I love you"or #114 I love that I can't remember what it's like to not love you.There are the ones that came about because of something he did that particular day such as #134 I love when you tell me I am pretty especially when I don't feel like it or #170 I love when you come home for lunch. Then there are the ones that I cannot share because they are naughty and for his eyes only.
     The point is this : Eric has always been the husband that tells me many times a day that he loves me. I have always told him many times a day that I love him. I wanted to switch it up a little and tell him WHY I loved him. As a bonus , now I know WHY he loves me too.This has been fun. It has been revealing. It has been good for us in ways that I can't even explain. If you want to do something special for your spouse, something meaningful that will show them your love , I highly recommend you start a list. January 1st is just around the corner.

    

1 comment: