Monday, May 9, 2011

No wonder I am tired

     A couple of weeks ago I drove to Statesville and had massive blood work done. Today I got my results . No huge dangerous surprises. Praise God ! While I was there the doctor asked me about my exhaustion. I explained to him that I had been told that I was vitamin B12 deficient , major symptom is fatigue. I also have totally out of control periods , major complication is fatigue. Well , blood tests show that sometime in the last 6 months to a year I have had mono and had been exposed to Fifth's disease. Both of which cause ??? You guessed it, FATIGUE. So he says if I had been feeling tired lately , that was probably why. Ya think? I have 4 things going on in my body right now that causes fatigue.No wonder I am tired.
     When I say I am tired, I am not sure anyone can fully understand what I mean. My tired does not translate to I need a nap. It means I could sleep for 3 or 4 days straight and still not want to get out of bed. It means I do not want to put one foot in front of the other. It means I never am alert and thinking straight.It means that on any given day I am 5 minutes away from just collapsing. I find it pretty sad that I had mono and have felt so bad for so long that I didn't even realize it. How screwed up is that?
     June 28th is the day that I start to reclaim my life. A procedure to rid myself of the hormonal issues is scheduled for 8 am . At some point my body will recover from the mono and Fifth's disease and if the B12 supplements don't bring up my levels then I can take injections. Some day maybe before this year is over I will feel well. At least that it what I am counting on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment