Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy birthday??

     Happy birthday to me, I made it to 39. Yay me.It was the worst birthday I can ever remember having. It all started yesterday afternoon while driving around town. My low oil pressure light started blinking and this horrible annoying dinging would begin. It was too late in the afternoon to get it checked yesterday so I parked it and waited til this morning. I guess sleeping late on your birthday is overrated anyways. I left the house by 8 am and took the van to a garage that we use occasionally and (remember this for later) he asked if the oil had been changed recently. I said yes and he asked whay weight was put in it. My reply was 5-30 and he said "good, thats the correct weight, if it was heavier I would say that is your issue." He proceeded to put on a new sender unit and sent me on my way. The light and the dinging started before I even pulled up to the first stop light.I went back and was told that it was probably the oil pump and I would have to take it somewhere else because he didn't fool with those.
     Garage #2 took it somewhere different , someone we have also used before. He mumbles something about putting some heavy diesel oil in it. What??? I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Refer back to the previous paragraph. On to garage #3 . Third try is the charm. A little explanation here: the light is supposed to come on when there is less than 5 pounds of oil pressure. This guy's gauge read 14 pounds of pressure so he ruled out the oil pump pretty quickly. He worked tirelessly and patiently for hours trying one thing after another until he figured it out.
     As far as garages go , its not a bad place to spend your day. They have a cool air conditioned waiting spot with places to sit. Its slightly dirty but it is after all a garage. They have a tv and a drink machine . Here is the kicker...for the first 3 hours I sat through episode after episode of the Andy Griffith show. I know I live in Mount Airy but I care nothing for the the show loosely based upon the town I live in. The receptionist was babysitting two kids(I think related) the youngest being 2. Four hours of my day was spent watching bad tv and 4 kids , two of them mine, being crazy but having fun and not arguing.
     I pulled back into my driveway at almost 4pm having spent all of my day in 3 different garages but with a van that wasn't dinging at me. It hurt the pocketbook too. I really didn't want to have to spend any more money on it til I had enough to get the air fixed so this set me back a couple of weeks, actually maybe longer than that because SCHOOL is weighing down on me and for the first month all they do is hold out their hands and it will be mid September before I get my first paycheck.
     There was a couple of very wonderful moments in my day. Some cards with beautiful words from my kids and husband mean more than anything else. I had over 60 "Happy birthday" wishes from my FB friends. I had some surprise phone calls . Late this evening I ventured back out for a FREE  iced caramel white mocha 
from Moby's . Yes FREE because its my birthday. I will be getting my trip to Red Lobster on Saturday with my sexy husband and beautiful kids and I have a playdate scheduled with some friends for Friday night, so I have birthday stuff to still look forward to. Happy birthday to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment