Monday, May 14, 2012

Not what we want, but what we need

     I know, I know. God gives us what we need, not necessarily what we want. Apparently God is of the opinion that we need rain and by the looks of things , a massive amount of it. Yes, rain is life giving. It is also not my favorite thing right now. For the second year in a row, rain makes my already miserable allergies even worse. I struggled to maintain 3 days last week and started feeling better just yesterday only to start all over again this morning. Allergies are just one reason why I am rain hating right now.
     Ben had a baseball game scheduled for tonight and it is obvious that its not gonna happen.  It will be rescheduled and I can only hope that the make up game isn't this coming Saturday. Friday is my anniversary and Saturday is a planned get away for me and my man. We do not get a lot of time together and most definitely not weekends so we really need this time together.
     Other than the allergies and possible weekend disaster, I had to make a trip to Walmart this morning. There are few things I hate more than laundry but Walmart tops the list.Do you know how hard it is to juggle a shopping cart, umbrella, and car keys all at the same time?  I hate Walmart on a sunny day but HATE doesn't even begin to describe my reaction to trudging through the parking lot in drenching rain , loading my van full of wet bags and unloading them at home in the same drenching rain carrying an umbrella in one hand and bags in the other. Uuuuggghhh, what a mess !
     So , thank you God for the water falling from the sky. I am sure the grass, flowers, and garden appreciate it . Forgive me for not loving those precious wet drops you are freely giving today, maybe after allergy season is over I can get back on board .

1 comment:

  1. I believe He knows and accepts that we don't appreciate and love everything. Our Earthly fathers would, so He should be even better at it. I picture it like: "You don't like it? Do you hear the tiniiest violin playing? Good. Get back to work. Love ya."

    ReplyDelete