Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beach, beach, beach...it doesn't get better than this !

     Earlier this year the company that Eric worked for announced it was closing its doors. As a result he is now working for a different company. Having just being there since the beginning of April, we didn't plan a long vacation for the summer. I just figured we would take some long weekends at some fun places and fill the summer with short vacations and the beach was definitely out of the question til at least fall.
     Anybody who knows me even a little bit knows how much I love the beach. Sitting on the sand, watching the waves roll in, and breathing in the salt air soothes my soul. I can't think of anywhere else that I can go and see so many of God's spectacular creations all in one place. The last time we saw the beach was 2009 and it was a trip that I will never forget. Eric was deployed and planned his two week leave to coincide with our vacation. We kept it a secret from the kids and some friends graciously picked him up from the airport and drove him to us. The reunion went off without a hitch and we enjoyed our vacation with him.
     This summer I am again taking a trip that I consider a beach vacation of a lifetime. My mom mentioned to my brother that she would like to go to the beach this year but wasn't going to because she didn't want to go by herself. He got the brilliant idea for us all to go together. Mom, me and my brood, my brother, his wife and brand new baby, and my neice and her boyfriend. Big condo, split the cost. Oh my gosh , its really gonna happen. I am spending 7 days at the beach mid July !
     It just does not get better than this. I get to spend 7 glorious days at my favorite place on earth with my favorite people. Mom really really needs this vacation. She so needs to get away from the stresses of home right now. By the time we leave my brother and his wife will have a brand new baby and I get 7 days to oooh and ahhh over him and get to know him. Because of location, I haven't spent a great deal of time with my new sister-in-law so I get to spend some time with her too. I haven't got to vacation with my brother since we were teens so this should be interesting . My neice who I rarely get to see is coming too and I am loving that . Until a couple of weeks ago that would have been impossible for several different reasons but God is good and worked that out just in time. Add in my hubby and my babies and I feel a little overwhelmed and over the top blessed. The word excited doesn't even begin to cover the emotions in my soul.
     Of course I see a few sleepless nights in my near future. I am a planner , a list maker by nature. I have already started making lists of things I can't forget to take. Number one on my list is my Keurig ...I refuse to go seven days without good coffee. So friends, I am off to make a list. May your day be as happy as mine !

No comments:

Post a Comment