Monday, June 11, 2012

Perfect timing

     At around 8am this morning my husband called me to discuss insurance. Usually I would not like being woke up but this time it was actually a relief to escape a really stupid, random dream I was having. I don't usually remember dreams so I have to share.
     I was in California. I am not sure why California because I have never even wanted to visit California. I do have some friends that are visiting there this week so maybe that has something to do with the location. So I am in California in this house, not just any house its the house that we lived in before we moved into the house we are in now. Yeah, that house was in Beulah, NC so I am not sure how it got to California. Apparently I am moving into that house because my mom was there helping me unpack. I have never wanted to even visit that state much less live there and my mom who lives in NC is there helping me unpack? I am looking for a phone jack to plug the phone up when my cell phone rings. Its my friend Celeste , and obviously she is the person who sold me the house because she is asking me if I have checked out the additions to the house. By the way, Celeste lives in Florida and I guess I didn't even look at the house before I bought it?
     When we lived in this house before it had six tiny rooms, the kitchen, the living room , a hotel sized bathroom and 3 bedrooms. I am not exaggerating about the bathroom. I could sit on the toilet, hang my leg over into the tub, and lean over to wash my hands in the sink all at the same time. My bedroom was barely big enough to hold a double bed and a dresser. So upon hearing of additions, I became excited and took off to find that she had added on to the three bedrooms and made then about triple the size and added a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. I was so happy that I was in tears. As I am standing there in awe I hear my son yelling at me from the backyard.
     I rush outside to see him standing on this platform that is slightly raised from the ground and on top of it is a toilet and a sink. It looks like maybe the beginnings of a bathroom that had not been closed in. He says , "Hey mom, what is this?" I reply that maybe it is a washroom , you know maybe a place to clean up before coming inside. I bend down to flush the toilet which by the way is plastic instead of porcelain. It makes the really weird farting sound and splashed water back up at me. As I am trying to figure this out I hear this motor come roaring to life and then hear Ben yell , "Cool. ". I whip around to see that the sink is equipped with this button and a steering wheel of sorts. Before I can yell anything we are moving. Ben is driving us through the yard. I start screaming at him to stop and as usual he doesn't do what I say. All of the sudden we are on the street.
     I am on a portable bathroom being driven down a street in California by my 11 year old son. We are coming up to a stop sign and I am screaming at him that I am gonna be arrested and thats it rush hour, traffic is bad, and does he even know where the brakes are? He is just whooping it up and yelling that its going to be ok. I grab on to him and dig my fingernails into his arm and then my husband called and woke me up. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment