Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lesson learned

     Last Friday me and my gang headed to Great Wolf Lodge for some family time . We booked this trip months ago before I had beach plans of any kind. I thought about cancelling after I made beach plans but Eric isn't going to be able to go with us for the whole week so I kept the Lodge plans. This is the second time we have been to the Great Wolf Lodge and this trip was a little different. The last time we were there it was a Sunday in October. Lesson learned, note to self...do not go in the summer or on a Friday. It was WAY too crowded for my taste. Here is what happens in crowds.Not only are there long lines for everything you want to do, some people seem to think they are the only ones there. You know the type, why should they have to wait in line, after all they are special.Then there are the ones that stand in front of a door chatting with a friend, well excuse me, I need to go through that door.
     Another thing I noticed was that the 84 degrees climate controlled water park feels a whole lot more comfortable in October than when it is 100 degrees outside. I am not sure who came up with the idea that 84 degrees is comfortable in a place that holds 380,000 gallons of water at one time but I guess the word "humidity" didn't cross their minds.I personally think that any temp over about 75 degrees is hot but nobody asked me. Sweat was definitely an issue this weekend.
     I realized this weekend that I am either getting old or out of shape. All those steps to the water slides have just about killed my knees. I had to take more sitting rests than last time. All that sitting gave me plenty time to people watch. I love to people watch especially at the pool. I am continually amazed at what some people consider appropriate public swimwear attire. I wrote about this one time already  ( refer to my Facebook note ) so I won't get into it but I will say this...I thorougly enjoyed watching this one woman in particular get sopping wet because she didn't realize that the clanging noise meant that 1000 gallons of water was getting ready to fall from the sky just above her. That cute flippy hair, perfectly made up face, and $120 swimsuit with the fashionable scarf didn't stand a chance.
    Despite the crowds, heat, and numerous disrespectful people, I enjoyed spending time with the 3 people I love most on this earth.The kids are already asking when we can go again. I am thinking a Monday perhaps in November. Lession learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment