Monday, July 23, 2012

Reintegration

     I have been back from the beach for almost 24 hours now and reintegration is tough. I was so tired when I got home yesterday that all I really got accomplished was unloading the car . Nothing but food items and bathroom stuff got put away. I started my morning by going out to the garden to pick beans and tomatos. A far cry from drinking my cup of coffee sitting on a balcony watching and listening to waves crash on the shore. My poor garden ! A week's worth of neglect shows. Next was cutting the beans , washing the beans, and putting a pot of beans on for supper later. The rest of my day so far has been about unpacking and putting things away.
     Hear my heart...I loved snuggling up to my husband that I had missed all week and sleeping in my own bed. I loved the excitement of two little dogs that had missed their mommy all week. I AM happy to be home, I really am. I just really miss my happy place. All of my laundry was washed, dried , and folded before we even came home so I resorted to sticking my head into the beach bag this morning in an attempt to catch a whiff of saltiness that can only be found oceanfront. I miss the roar of the ocean. I miss the sight of waves crashing on the sand. I miss not having anything better to do than lounging at the pool or sitting in the sand looking for shells.I miss not seeing my mom's smiling face because for 7 days there were no worries. I miss the banter between my neice and her boyfriend. I miss the chats on the balcony with my brother. I miss baby Caden . I miss watching my brother enjoying his new wife and baby. I miss everything about last week !
     I do this everytime I leave . It takes about a week for my brain to accept that I am home , vacation is over, and now its all just a memory. Memories...I made a ton of them . I can't thank my brother Chris and his wife Candy enough for having the idea for a family vacation and making it happen. Until last week, it had been 2 summers since I had spent time at a beach. Hopefully it will not be another 2 years before I see my happy place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment