Thursday, August 30, 2012

Potter and clay

     This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Jeremiah 18:1-4
     Recently my preacher preached a sermon about the potter and the clay. It was so beautiful and so fitting to my life at the moment. The potter (God) puts a lump of clay upon the wheel and starts to spin it ,working it masterfully with his hands until at last we see a beautiful vessel sitting before us. Or at least to the untrained eye it looks perfect. A good potter can see and feel imperfections in a vessel that we can't. So what does the potter do? He smashes it back down and begins the task of creating a new one, a better one, a stronger one. Do you know what happens to an imperfect vessel if thrown into the fire? It explodes , and then what good is it?
     A couple of weeks ago I was given some information that brought me to my knees, shook me to my core. I am not sick. I am not dying. This was something from the past that I wasn't quite sure how to handle. If you read my previous blog you know how I did handle it. There is no completely black and white answer to why this happened in the first place but now I am getting a grip on why I am only now getting this information.
     God , the master potter knew. He knew that if there was ever a time in my life that I was strong enough to be cast into the fire...it is now . I am not claiming perfection, I am proclaiming my faith ! I can see how this information would have made me explode years earlier. I am not the same person spiritually that I used to be. I am new, I am better, I am stronger, and praise God I am coming out of the fire all polished and beautiful. I am a vessel ready to be filled with all the good things I am sure HE is going to fill me with.
     So remember this my friends, when you are suddenly thrown into the fire...its because the potter sees no weakness and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can withstand it .

No comments:

Post a Comment